FAPA (Florida Authors & Publishers Association)
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Each year the Florida Authors and Publishers Association (FAPA) sponsors the FAPA President’s Book Awards, which recognizes book publishing excellence and creativity in design, content, and production for North American authors and publishers.
Finalists are chosen by publishing professionals and librarians from both within and outside of Florida, and are announced at the President’s Book Awards Banquet the first weekend of August.
"The FAPA award gives a work credibility. It is hard to understand a book from reading the back cover. Awards and reviews give a book a benchmark of excellence.” —James Hockenberry, FAPA 2015 Adult Fiction: Historical Winner for Over There
"... a juried book award lends a certain prestige and legitimacy to a title. Given a choice between a best-seller campaign and a book award, I'd choose the award any day!" —Tara Alemany, FAPA 2015 How to / Self-Help Winner for The Plan that Launched a Thousand Books
"Each and every award helps us to market our books. With this wonderful award, we gained exposure on the FAPA website, which will help to generate more sales." —Lee Ann Mancini, 2015 Children's Picture Book Winner for Fast Freddy
"Having 'Award Winning Author' after my name has helped with getting increased engagement in public speaking, and the public speaking in return helps me sell more books." —Jose Colon, 2015 Education Winner for Sometimes I Dream and The Magic Ice Cream Palace
- Author or publisher must reside in North America.
- Acceptable publishing dates for books submitted for the President’s Book Awards will be books published between January of the previous year and May of the awards year. Example: Between January 2017 and May 2018.
- Books/eBooks must have a valid ISBN number, and include the year published within the book. eBooks may have an ASIN in lieu of ISBN
- FAPA membership is not required for entry, although FAPA members receive a discount.*
- Previous award winning titles of FAPA President’s Book Awards may not be re-entered
- FAPA board members are able to enter books in the awards competition.
- eBooks should be submitted in ePub
- All entries in each category will be considered by three judges.
- Librarians, book industry professionals, and educators from Florida and multiple other states will judge content, theme, layout, and cover design elements.
- Books are submitted digitally. At the time of your submission you will need a complete PDF file of your book to be uploaded and a high quality JPG digital image of your cover consistent with the listed specifications.