GUIDELINES: Acceptable publishing dates for books submitted for the President’s Book Awards will be books with a copyright date from 2019 to 2021.
- Books/eBooks must have a valid ISBN and include the year published within the book. eBooks may have an ASIN in lieu of ISBN
- FAPA membership is not required for entry, although FAPA members receive a $20 discount off the standard rate at the end of the Early Bird period. Join FAPA at https://myfapa.org/join-fapa/
- Previous award-winning titles of FAPA President’s Book Awards may not be re-entered
- FAPA board members are able to enter books in the awards competition.
- eBooks should be submitted in PDF format.
- EARLY BIRD SPECIALS! Entries received between November 1st and midnight January 15, will qualify for a $20 discount.
- The Florida Authors and Publishers Award represents examples of excellence in writing as well as publishing. Books with notable flaws in editing or are missing major elements of book design are not likely to receive an award.
- All entries in each category will be considered by three judges.
- Librarians, book industry professionals, and educators from Florida and multiple other states will judge content, theme, layout, and cover design elements.
- Please prepare your manuscript and cover files before beginning the submission process as this can reduce submission errors considerably.
- Books are submitted digitally. At the time of your entry, you will need a complete PDF file of your book’s manuscript to be uploaded including front pages ahead of Chapter 1 and any back-matter. Please select the appropriate page trim size (6x9, etc.) when you print to PDF.
- Cover submissions should be made separately. We require a minimum 300dpi JPG or PDF digital image of your front cover consistent with the industry. For cover design entries, you will need to submit the full spread to include back cover, spine, and front cover.
- Physical submissions of books will not be judged or returned.